Friday, March 24, 2023

If there was one place I loved more than home it was my grandparent's ranch in the Sandhills.  We visited twice a year, in summer and during Christmas vacation, since my dad was a teacher and those were the easiest times to go.

The memories from those visits still give me those "feelings" in my heart that can't be explained.  I was remembering one about my grandpa the other morning as I was drinking my hot weak tea.  Grandpa didn't like mushy things and I took after him, but as he got older he would eat his morning burnt toast with hot water poured over it.  I thought then and for several years, that I would never drink only hot water. 

Well, I do, because after cancer surgery and treatment leaving me with a dry mouth, warm water feels a lot better and goes down a lot easier than cold. 


No comments: